View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 10:52 AM
neopeek
N00b

neopeek is keeping up the good workneopeek is keeping up the good workneopeek is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[Android Froyo][CyanogenMod6-Ports by Neopeek]

So here we go now for CM6-Ports:

The following CM6-Ports are available now:

Link: Froyredux-Port Latest Release 22-07-2010 (Base: RC1 -> will be updated soon)
Link: Froyorider-Port Latest Release 26-07-2010 (Brand-New RC2 -> you should go with this until the other builds are updated to RC2)
Link: Chromatic-Port (Base: RC1 -> will be updated soon)
Link: Official-CM6-Port Latest Release 27-07-2010 (Base: RC2 -> Download Link available on Tue, 20:00[GMT+1])
Link: SuperF-Port Latest Release 27-07-2010 (Base: AOSP with a lil' mix of CM6 -> runs like hell)

As I didn't get much feedback on the several builds I will just wait some days to see what's going on now.

In the meantime I also re-ported Myn's Warm Donut with wifi + 3D-support (thanx to siulmagic aka theunholy).
It's available for download on my site. This one has the famous Theme by BUUF integrated. Here are some screenshots:

Now back to CM6. Here are the screenshots of CM6-RC2 (Froyorider-Port):

Quick-Installation-Guide:
Keep in mind! All you do by now you do it on your own risk!!!

EXT2-Partition-Creation:
Here are two videos which show you how to partition your internal memory or sdcard. You will need an EXT2-Partition to get Android booting up.
Video1
Video2

Extraction of Downloads:
1. Here is an old tutorial on how to extract the Gzipped TAR-Archive to your EXT2-Partition (don't forget to unmount correctly or Android won't boot up). You may read several articles / discussions on Neopeek-Network for detailed installation instructions.
2. Unzp latest HARET-PAKET to the root of your FAT32-Partition and pick the right startup.txt and also move it to the root of your FAT32-Partition.
3. Now run Haret.Exe from your File-Explorer

Remember: This originally is still Release Candidate 2 by CYANOGEN. I will update it as soon as new versions are released by the according developers. So expect a heavy release marathon in the next days / weeks with even better builds and stay tuned.

First boot takes quite a long time as PackageManager changes apk's and collects certs. Don't touch your device for minimum 3minutes after bootanimation has gone and you see the setup screen. Just go and have a cup of coffee and let your device do the magic. Second boot-up will be much faster. If you experience a force close during first boot-up on setup-wizard only hit WAIT and don't retouch the device. After you have successfully booted up -> just open up some apps, close 'em again and then reboot your device to get the best performance.

Hints:
BE CAREFUL when trying to activate JIT via Settings->Cyanogen. Your device may get extremely slow for 5mins when activating JIT. So be warned!
Compcache is disabled by default. For enabling compcache open up the terminal and type:
PHP Code:
su
compcache start 
You will have to enable Compcache manually each time you reboot.

What works:

WIFI
DATA
BLUETOOTH
3D
PHONE

Known Bugs:
Setup-wizard runs twice and crashes on second run.

I am searching for contributors. Wanna join me? Any help is appreciated. Just visit www.neopeek.com and let me know...

Thanks go to:

Balsat, XDANDROID-TEAM, Cyanogen, dragonsisqo, siulmagic and everybody else whom I forgot.