View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 12:02 PM
c0wb0ycliche
Lurker

c0wb0ycliche is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Obnoxious browser issue "Problem with file"

I'm having only one serious problem with my Vibrant, and while it's a little problem, it's frequent enough that it is driving me nuts, and also doesn't allow me to use (at least) one of the apps I use every day.

The issue is, when I go to some web sites, whether in the stock browser, or in another browser, like Skyfire, or whether it's in the browser within an app (for example NewsRob articles) I get a psuedo-crash where it opens the stock browser and says:

In a pop up box: "Problem with file The requested file was not found. webkit/"

In the browser window itself: The Web page at file://android asset/webkit/ could not be loaded as: The requested file was not found. webkit/

In the address bar: the same url as above.

If I hit back a couple times, it will take me back to whatever content I am looking at. But this is incredibly annoying when it's half the articles I'm trying to go through on NewsRob, or when I click certain links and it comes up and I have to hit back a few times before I can look at the page.

I have noticed the following:
- it seems to happen on pages that use Flash, it might be javascript as well, but I'm not sure. HOWEVER, disable plug-ins and javascript in the browser setting does not change the error from happening.
- thinking that it has to do with Flash, I looked into it more on the device. I noticed in Applications, it shows Flash listed, as well as Pineone Flash lite" so I don't understand what level of flash the phone has.
- I also noticed that (coming from a Nexus One and myTouch Slide) I don't see thumbnails for a lot of flash video content like on those devices. If I got to sites with Flash content that is not a video, it's just not there.

Anyway, if anyone knows how to fix this, I'd be much obliged.

I searched google and found almost NOTHING, which is shocking and makes me think perhaps a hard reset would fix it, but I'd really rather not have to re-set up my phone if it's not going to help.

The only thing I found online was that apparently some Droid X owners are having the same issue.

Anyway, any help would be great.