View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 09:37 AM
HTC Touch-Pro
Regular 'Geeker

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Droid 2 - System Dump

Quote:
Originally Posted by apristel View Post
Here is the Droid 2 System Dump

http://www.4shared.com/file/m8pSCMvI...?cau2=403tNull

courtesy of Kykiskly on XDA.

Figured since there is only one other thread here in the Droid 2 section, I'd try to get things poppin' for yall. =D>
I am really surprised, almost being August now, there are only 2 total threads on the Droid 2. Although I have expressed some concern over why the Droid 2, a flagship product as far as I'm concerned, didn't make a quantum leap in performance and build over the original Droid?

Verizon and Google teaming up with Motorola to make a successor to a phone that you can argue 'started it all,' and they didn't make it a super-computer phone of sorts? All of the specs I've seen so far, can already be purchased, or even improved upon, with current device offerings.

Anyway, my question is, what is a system dump, and does any information exist yet as to what factory installed OS will come out-of-box with the Droid 2 (hopefully 2.2 Froyo).

Does anyone anticipate the Droid 2 not being 'root-able' or somehow limited on user access to core functions?
THANKS!
August 12th... Droid-2! Still undecided; but leaning toward purchasing, as a phone to "tide" me over (according to great advice from ckeegan) until truly remarkable devices are released from Verizon fully operation on 4G networks in 2012!