derfnoslen
PPCGeeks Regular

derfnoslen is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone happy with wm7 reviews?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Smith View Post
Youtube app will come. No way to play videos? Ummm Zune hub? The twitter integration is Twitter's fault, wmpoweruser.com has an article about it somewhere in the first couple of pages of their stories. Microsoft is working with Twitter to get it back into Live. These first series of phones the consumers will get will get at least one major update adding larger missing features. There's no way Microsoft waits on either copy and paste or multitasking that long. They need to add one of those two by Q1 2011 and I think they will. Where are the apps? Are you serious? There are blogs full of new app postings. They are out there and as the phone launch nears they'll start showing up more and more and more. The apps will be just fine. Over 100,000 people downloaded the SDK, so there is nothing to worry about. Even if only 1/10th of those people develop and release.

You do realize Android sucked at first right? It didn't come out with thousands of apps and running flawlessly (still doesn't run flawlessly). It took a while to get where it's at.

In October when the phone comes out we will know about any bad ass phones coming in the months following it so people can gauge their interest then. Also that "bad ass phone" you get in December will be topped by another in January or February anyway. So if you see something you like out and there's nothing specifically that you like more coming in the near future then I see no reason to wait because otherwise you'll be waiting forever. There will always be a "better" phone out than what you have. That's how the market is right now.
I don't think it will matter if MS blames Twitter or even if it's Twitter's fault. They just need to fix it or they are going down.

The Zune hub? Really? I want YouTube, and millions of other people do. If they don't have YouTube they are going down. But I agree with you, I think it will come, there is no way they would leave it out.

If you read Engadget's post about the Windows 7 Phone review they state that MS was having problems getting copy and paste in for the final release (now I think MS can do it, I mean they are Microsoft for crying out loud) and they also were iffy about multi-tasking. (again, I think MS can do it) But they better kick butt or it's over. Now I've read places that say the UI is so well thought out that copy and paste may not be needed. I still want it though, I do like the UI's simple method though.

A lot of people download the SDK, until MS states how many apps they will have at launch, no one has any idea if it will even be close to what Android or Apple has. That said, I wanted to add that Microsoft has the power of XBOX behind them... that is kick @$$!!!! That alone could have people jumping ship like Google and Apple were the Titantic.

I get that Windows 7 is new and that Android sucked out of the gate too, BUT Windows should've fixed this mess a long time ago because they were out before anyone. Now they are the last to the game, who wants to give up a solid experience with Apple or Google to go with a new OS (Every major tech blog raves about Froyo in terms of being stable, so I think those days are over) I mean, I understand that it's new but it doesn't matter. MS will have to bring it or they are going down.

The reason I say wait until later this year is because even though the market is moving at a fast pace, we are turning the bend with alot of trends. Android states after 3.0 they do not plan to update there OS as much as they have in the past (meaning no 1.5, 1.6, 2.0, 2.1, 2.2 etc). They have reached a point where they will be sailing pretty smooth. 4g is expected to be released to more markets, with Verizon backing LTE later this year as well. Every phone you buy will be outdated by a newer phone but the point I'm trying to make is that at least it won't be outdated in a few months, like current android phones like the Droid, Hero, something like that. Because of Android making new versions every few months those devices no longer make the bill. With 3.0 and now Windows 7 I'd wait until late this year to choose.

That said I'm not an Google fanboy or Apple fanboy. I really like Microsoft actually lol. But I'll go with whatever works best.

Bottom line, I think the coin is in the air as to what the fate of MS will be. I really, REALLY, hope that MS pulls this thing off. Windows 7 looks amazing! I really like the idea of hubs, I like that MS is putting a tighter handle on hardware specs and software specs. I think they can do it.

Last edited by derfnoslen; 07-23-2010 at 03:36 PM.