Lurker
Threadstarter

pimped_up is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Rom/radio help htc diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh3794 View Post
OK. to start at the begining. If you have know how to flash the rom (the main operating system on the phone like pegasus and others) then you have half the battle done. If you have not done that I would read this link. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062
Also download the stock bell rom and the re-locker. Going to need it if you ever have to send the phone in for repairs.

A cab is an installable program. It is a zipped executable file basically. Make a folder on your internal storage called installers. I keep the cabs I use on a regular basis after flashing there. I also keep the cabs on my laptop to just in case.

Copy the cab files to the installers folder. navigate to the installers folder using the file explorer int he phone and click the cab file. It will start to install the program into your phone. no need to unzip it or anything like that.

Like I said I don't notice any difference with radios. Maybe some of the other guys that are on Bell might be able to help you with that.
A radio essentially just sets your attena to use a certain frequency. Kind of like adjusting rabbit ears on a tv.

The next thing is what you want to use the phone for and what look you want for it. That helps with the rom choice and what installer cabs you are going to need to get you to that point. So we will start with that.

It is easier to help you on here as I can attach cab files or links to articles on here.
Yes I know how to flash the rom. I have a program called Diamond Installer or Diamond RUU or something like that (On my other computer) Yes I have the stock Bell software also.

1) How do I make a folder on the phone?
2) What she really wants is a operating system allows
-Easy to use Facebook
-Easy to text
-Easy to Call
-Cool phone book
-Look very cool but be user friendly