derfnoslen
PPCGeeks Regular

derfnoslen is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone happy with wm7 reviews?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Smith View Post
You people do realize that operating systems can and will be updated, right? It's not like you buy this phone and will be stuck with it and it's missing features forever. Copy and paste, multitasking, etc... will be added. I'd bet sooner than most people expect. I wouldn't fault anyone for waiting a year but if you're eligible for a new phone and like the UI and what it has going for it now (despite missing some things) then I see no reason not to get it.

I love what I've seen so far and will preorder it as soon as a phone I like is available for it.
I like the Windows 7 Phone UI, I'm just so damaged from using WM phones. So far the big cons are no copy & paste, no youtube app or anyway to play videos (MAJOR CON), no HTML5 support. The only thing it has going for it is Zune, Office, and E-mail features. No twitter intergration at this point. Even though there can be updates, we all know how long it took for 6.5 to come out on some devices, and I remember reading a report on this site that it would take MS 5 years to get W7 where it should be. Also, I don't think anymore than two updates are going to come out before your device is old and you need to get a new one with Windows 7.5 or whatever lol. Also they are planning on launching this holiday season.... where are the apps? MS better get it's butt in gear because if it doesn't at LEAST have as many apps as the Palm Pre had the game is OVER.

I really love MS for Zune and Office... but I went to Android. I would go back just for Zune alone and the UI which really makes sense. But with Google coming out with a music service with 3.0 Gingerbread... who knows that may happen. If you can get a pass like "Zune pass" then I'm staying with Android. I've already bought apps and they have way more than MS could hope to have coming out the gate.

I agree with the other poster who said they are going to wait until November-December to see what is going to happen. Anyone who has an upgrade.. I recommend to save it until this Holiday season. With 3.0, Windows 7, and 2.0Ghz processors due out God knows the current phones (EVO,EPIC) may be on the side of the road somewhere.