Lurker
Threadstarter

pimped_up is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Rom/radio help htc diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh3794 View Post
I don't know how much difference the radio is going to make. I am in the middle of Canada and I have tried almost every radio there is trying to improve my reception. I didn't notice any speed or reliability improvements with the radios though. I honestly didn't see much reception improvement either. I don't know if it's just the networks where I am or not. Canada is kind of behind when it comes to cell phone reception.

I do however notice huge differences with the roms. NRG's (energy victor for the diamond cdma phone) roms are fantastic if you want something that is fully featured. His are like the cadilac of roms. But they are huge which can cause them to slow down. I still enjoy using them though.

If you want something that is just a stripped down functional rom that will make phone calls and do the odd net search then I would look at OAT's very light sense rom. It includes almost nothing with it except what is needed to make it a phone. It's actually kind of nice as you can pick which apps work for you and where you want to install them. You aren't stuck with a lot of stuff you are never going to use.

I am currently running his wm 6.5 21895 sense 2016 rom. I added a lot of apps to mine like bandswitch, office mobile and some others to help with the battery and improve the phone itself. Read through the thread on his as everyone in there has ideas and helpful tips.

The best thing you can do is read up on the roms themselves and try them out and see what you like.

If you need any cab's or other help use search and google. Don't hesitate to ask either. MOst people on here will point you in the right direction. Most of the time it's trying to figure out what you need to google.
Wow this a lot of help thank you so much. One question

1) What is a cab?

If you are in Canada I was wondering if I could call you and you could walk me thru the process of getting this phone working good because right now it kinda sucks.

I dont mind using pay pal to send you some cash.

Thank you so much