View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 12:37 PM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Captivate reception problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jofaba View Post
Then watch my other video where I show the dBm drop to zero when I touch the phone.

I've also done speed tests (though not yet on video) where holding the phone absolutely kills the connection.

And last but not least, I tested calling out with zero bars yesterday to the phone next to me and the other phone wouldn't start ringing until I removed my hand from my phone. This is absolutely a problem, but I'm hoping it's just a bad phone. Going to bring it back today to see if another unit works better.

btw I'm very surprised so many people have looked at that video! I drunkenly put it up to shut up some poster at androidforums who was essentially calling me an Apple troll for saying the Captivate suffered from reception issues =P
Hmm...so far this is the first time I am hearing this :/...the 0 bar thing was from people on T-Mobile Vibrant...and they were still able to make calls and use 3G data...

See if you can exchange if not maybe it is specific to the Captivate..or maybe there is an issue with AT&T itself :/

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)