Jofaba
Lurker

Jofaba is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Captivate reception problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Bars are just indicators..they do not display how good a connection is..its just a "general indicator"...unlike CDMA, GSM can connect to multiple towers, so you can be at 0 bars and still have good signal..I read indications where people had 0 bars and never had a disconnected call on the vibrant..on the iphone people had full bars and still lost calls.
Then watch my other video where I show the dBm drop to zero when I touch the phone.

I've also done speed tests (though not yet on video) where holding the phone absolutely kills the connection.

And last but not least, I tested calling out with zero bars yesterday to the phone next to me and the other phone wouldn't start ringing until I removed my hand from my phone. This is absolutely a problem, but I'm hoping it's just a bad phone. Going to bring it back today to see if another unit works better.

btw I'm very surprised so many people have looked at that video! I drunkenly put it up to shut up some poster at androidforums who was essentially calling me an Apple troll for saying the Captivate suffered from reception issues =P