View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 09:58 AM
HTC Touch-Pro
Regular 'Geeker

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: To Droid 2, or not to Droid 2; that is the question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeegan View Post
Sorry to get off track, but I'm the OP, and I do not want future readers to get the impression that HTC handsets are crap, which is far from the truth. I am still seriously considering the Droid2, and will probably go that route due to my yearning to switch to Android. However, I can easily see myself going with something HTC (via Annual Upgrade) 12 months later. I have always loved HTC, but their lack of options right now gives me no choice.
Agreed - BIG TIME! HTC is a very solid device with quite a stable history of releasing capable and attractive phones, and they have only gotten better and better. I love Droids, though, because of the availability of apps and the entire open platform (sort of) philosophy driving the series.

I'm still not exactly sure how the "Droid" product line works... does Google manufacture phones, or do they simply offer up hardware to HTC and others, who then product the devices for them and use their branding?
August 12th... Droid-2! Still undecided; but leaning toward purchasing, as a phone to "tide" me over (according to great advice from ckeegan) until truly remarkable devices are released from Verizon fully operation on 4G networks in 2012!