View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 01:16 PM
twilk
Regular 'Geeker

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Just changed to the Damage control rom now my battery life is really short.

Ok I am not blaming this issue on damage control lol I am positive that its not that I mean this battery dies so quick everyone using that rom would be having issues not just me. I think this issue is something I have turned on but just havnt figured it out.

I am running damage control, with launcher pro, beutifal widgets and pure grid callander. I have lots of sense and sprint apps removed. I am having no force issues and everything seems to be working well. The issue is my battery life is horrible. Before switching to DC i ran OMJ and HTC sense and I Had all the settings setup great and got excellent battery life. I know how to adjust things to maximize battery life. However now with this new setup I am running I adjusted the normal settings so they arnt causing the issue. I am thinking I got somethign tweaked wrong with DC or Beautiful widgets. Or even possibly pure gride callander I got from the market.

It just doesnt make any sense I have everything setup just as I had it setup with HTC sense. Everything is set to synce at the same time as it was with sense. The only thing syncing is my mail box and weather with beutiful widgets. Everything else seems to be turned off. I have recently turned off "use gps using network" and just turned on geolocation. Not sure what sense uses to update weather with your location but beautiful widgets seems to have two options. I think there is somethign with these new settings I am not quite understanding because it seems to be set up just as old but instead of running HTC sense I am running Launcher pro.

Thanks, Thomas

Also I didnt change any of the advance settings... I am going to check if the phone is sleeping when off.

Edit all the HTC sync is shut off so its not double syncing also I just noticed that 4g is grehyed out and it says turning on 4G? WTH is that right? It wont let me turn it on or off and it just keeps saying turning on? I tried turning airplain mode and it didnt even budge lol. It doesnt say scanning so I cant think its killing the batte plus its gheyed out so is it even working. Not sure whats going on but something is wrong and figuring it out might result in flashing and starting over lol.

Last edited by twilk; 07-16-2010 at 01:28 PM.