View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 02:00 AM
Kliptik
Two-Time Mafiosi

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik
Re: Deployment of Windows Mobile Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichthus View Post

it is a bit different in vs2005 then 2008, but adding an .ico file was there.

i did do that already. where i'm getting confused (by reading too many how to's posted on the web!) is in setting up the cab file to associate the .ico and .png files so the program shows up correctly when a person trys to add this program to a quick link, and when they open the "start" button. right now, my .cab file installs a program with the correct icon when viewed with total commander, it places the .png file i want to use, and the program itself in the \windows\start menu\programs directory but i have to manually edit the registry to associate the .png file with the .exe file.
wow, that's a mouthful. i hope it comes across clearer than it looks

thanks.
I think I understand. I guess what I'm missing (i guess we both are) is why it's not showing the .ico file as the icon in the Start Menu... HERE is a good write-up on creating a deployment project. Without going through it step-by-step with you to see where it's off, I'm not sure how much I can help...

In the "File System" of the deployment project, make sure you have added a shortcut in the "Start Menu Folder" that points to the primary output of your application in the "Application Folder".

You shouldn't have to use a *.png to set the icon manually, unless you wanted to change the icon the application was built with. So it seems like the shortcut is somehow not pointed quite right? Since the *.exe shows the icon, perhaps verify that the shortcut is placed, named, and pointed properly.