View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 12:31 PM
boggsie
b00nsquad
Threadstarter

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: prevent landscape when physical keyboard deploys

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
right, so when you flip open the kyboard to text, the msg screen will stay in portrait.. youll need to assign a key to "rotate screen" is all
Thanks for confirming ... again, I understand that most folks reading this probably think I have a screw coming loose or ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahlsr View Post
Good luck to you. I've been wishing for years there was a way to disable going to landscape on keyboard slideout in Windows Mobile. There are other threads about this issue but no real solutions. Sorry I can't be of more help.
I'm going to put on my "Captain of the Obvious" costume ... this has to be picked up by a driver and if there is a driver, then there must be a way to ignore / disable that driver functionality. Of course, if it has been around for a long, long time, it could be so imbedded or low-level in the OS that registry entries to disable were never implemented. In that case, the sensor is probably part of the PCB so disconnecting a wire probably won't work, either.

Thanks for the discussion ... still looking.

Best regards,
-boggsie