View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 09:37 AM
boggsie
b00nsquad

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
prevent landscape when physical keyboard deploys

I know, I know ... there are tons of threads out there that are related but not exactly specific to this particular issue.

Our device (Touch Pro 2) has some very nice features. The gsensor and keyboard are two which come in very handy ... sometimes.

I can disable the gsensor autorotate or remove manila from the whitelist, which prevents the screen from flipping back and forth between portrait to landscape, based on the physical orientation of the phone.

I can disable the slidewakeup feature, which eliminates the issue where holster magnets will wake up the phone.

- = HOWEVER = -

If I am receiving a call, have received a SMS/MMS, or a reminder alert has occurred while the phone is in the holster, these events have appropriately and as expected and desired, brought the phone out of sleep.

What occurs at this point is that I reach for the phone and as I pull it out of my holster, the phone orients to landscape, because the software perceives that keyboard has been opened up, due to the magnets in my holster. The phone does some strange stuff, I wait for it to finish going from portrait to landscape back to portrait and then ... if the phone call hasn't gone to voice mail, I can answer.

So, I need one more tweak ...

Again, to recap:
I have successfully disabled auto-rotate based on gsensor and this is working. This is working perfectly.
Code:
HKCU/Software/HTC/HTCSensor/GSensor
"AutoRotation"=dword:0
I have successfully disabled the slide action of the keyboard from waking up the phone. This is working perfectly.
Code:
HKLM\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\KEYBD\
"SlideWakeup"=dword:0
These two tweaks are doing exactly what I expect and now I need and additional tweak. The third tweak that I am looking for needs to prevent screen-rotation from portrait to landscape when the hard-keyboard is deployed.

Best regards,
-boggsie