View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 10:55 PM
eldersoul
PPCGeeks Regular

eldersoul is keeping up the good workeldersoul is keeping up the good workeldersoul is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Strange Network Authentication Issue

I have been dealing with this for some time and am finally reaching out. I really hope this makes sense, if not please tell me and I will try to clarify.

I have two windows 2k3 servers at home with shares on each. I can see and map the shares with my pda on one server just fine but the other doesn't work at all. I can see both computers on the pda and the shares are accessible from 6 other machines both logged as domain users and local accounts. I've made sure the permisions were identical on both machine (along with checking everything I could think of a million friggin times) I finally noticed that if I enter false credentials into the login for the working server then I get a failed security audit with the faulty username along in the event log along with a second separate one showing my wireless network username for school as the attempted username . On the non working machine I only get this school username and nothing else regardless of what I enter into the pda. The best I can figure, one server is allowing the failed attempt and moving on to the good and the other is stopping after the first. Someone PLEASE tell me why a username ONLY entered into the wireless network settings of my schools network (settings that I have removed with no effect) would be forced into my attempts to map a network drive? Ima lose my god damn mind!

Phone

Sprint
PPC-6600

Verizon
Samsumg i760
HTC VX6800 - Mogul
HTC VX6850 - Touch Pro
HTC VX6875 - Touch Pro 2

Feathered Access -
Free Live Mobile Television On The Go!
http://featheredaccess.com