View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 11:51 AM
ckeegan
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ckeegan is keeping up the good workckeegan is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: To Droid 2, or not to Droid 2; that is the question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC Touch-Pro View Post
Well I do have a Touch pro 2... but still, even considering the slight jump in specs, I don't feel I would experience a "WHOA, this is awesome!" amount of excitement in using the Droid2. The TP2 has been a decent phone, and I AM READY to upgrade to something else, preferably Android 99.9%, but I just don't see anything that would amount to a 'quantum leap' in design, power, and functionality in the market right now (see my above post of what would constitute a game changer for me). Thanks
Honestly, I don't think the Droid2 is a quantum leap in design over the Touch Pro2, in fact, I think it would be a slight step backward. However, I do think it would be a large step in terms of processing speed. The RAM alone would be a HUGE improvement, and Android Market would be something else we haven't really had the pleasure of experiencing. Windows Marketplace in its current form is a joke in comparison. Last but not least, I always wished the TP2 had a compass. Droid2 obviously does.

All in all, I do think the D2 would be a big improvement (spec-wise) over the TP2, but I am really hoping that HTC brings a Touch Pro2 style device with Android to the table this fall/winter for Verizon. If I don't hear about anything by mid-October, I'll pick whatever is currently available, which may be the D2.
This post has been thanked 1 times.