View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 08:38 AM
HTC Touch-Pro
Regular 'Geeker

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: To Droid 2, or not to Droid 2; that is the question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeegan View Post
I don't think you'll see too many upgrading from the Droid 1 to the Droid 2, as they won't even be eligible for Annual Upgrade. For those of us jumping from the Touch Pro2 (or anything purchased 10+ months ago), it is a considerable jump in specs.
Well I do have a Touch pro 2... but still, even considering the slight jump in specs, I don't feel I would experience a "WHOA, this is awesome!" amount of excitement in using the Droid2. The TP2 has been a decent phone, and I AM READY to upgrade to something else, preferably Android 99.9%, but I just don't see anything that would amount to a 'quantum leap' in design, power, and functionality in the market right now (see my above post of what would constitute a game changer for me). Thanks
August 12th... Droid-2! Still undecided; but leaning toward purchasing, as a phone to "tide" me over (according to great advice from ckeegan) until truly remarkable devices are released from Verizon fully operation on 4G networks in 2012!