View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 08:35 AM
HTC Touch-Pro
Regular 'Geeker

HTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good workHTC Touch-Pro is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: To Droid 2, or not to Droid 2; that is the question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPib View Post
Good poll. I'm in just the same situation as you. I detest the D1 keyboard, and have my doubts that the D2's will be good enough to make me switch from my TP2's great KB. One thing I hate -- no dedicated number keys. Yet I'm itching for a good Android slider.

Saw photos at brighthand.com today of the HTC Vision, which is supposed to be a 1GHz Android slider. Keyboard looks like my TP2 one -- except they left out the dedicated number keys as well! It's like a conspiracy
Ohhhh yikes... I never realized there weren't any dedicated number keys. It isn't a massive deal breaker by any means, especially since I'm so attracted to Android, not to mention their forthcoming 3.0 Gingerbread ROM should be out by year's end - but I have to admit, the keyboard on my TP2 is nothing short of legendary.

Why don't more manufacturers (or any, for that matter) take a page out of the TP2 keyboard handbook!?

I will admit though, I am stoked in a BIG WAY about finally making the switch to Android after YEARS UPON YEARS with Window's mobile... it just seems to intuitive and clean/powerful and expandable. The day HTC (or a solid quality manf) releases a Verizon version of a Froyo+ ROM with 8mp camera and 720p+ video capture and a 1ghz+ processor along with a user friendly sliding keyboard... HE'S MY CREDIT CARD MR. SALESMAN! Unfortunately... when will that be
August 12th... Droid-2! Still undecided; but leaning toward purchasing, as a phone to "tide" me over (according to great advice from ckeegan) until truly remarkable devices are released from Verizon fully operation on 4G networks in 2012!