wldthng842
Lab Rat

wldthng842 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to wldthng842
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajones7279 View Post
For some reason I wanted to install to cab again (still haven't received my text) with some hope of a freak accident and now instead of it giving the error it was giving before, now it says "Your phone number does not match our registered users. Please register, reinstall, and retry." I wonder if its reading a reg entry, etc and if that could be changed to the number of someone who already received it?? Just throwing out ideas
There is one easy way to find out. Place .cab on mem card. Disable all connections to the outside world (phone, wifi). Install .cab file and try to open. If you get the message, then it is registry locked. If not it is server side. I doubt it is server side. That would entail sending the phone number of the device to the server every time the program loads or times out on the server. This is a lot of info to keep track of. I am guessing registry locked (call me an optimist but hey).

However I think cracking the file would only make things worse. Once the cracked file is out, thousands of users will install and crash the servers used in loading the page. This will disable the browser for all users and skyfire will likely shut down the beta. Then it would be months before anyone would see it again.

Use netfront or opera mini/mobile. Whichever you hate the least and wait in line. Cutting never solves anything when there are bouncers waiting for you at the door.

Remember to say when someone helps you out.

Open thread without searching > waste server usage > waste energy > higher gas prices
Think about the economy the next time you feel the need to open a useless thread. Think about it.