View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 10:47 PM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Windows Phone 7... Doomed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
Windows != PC... Windows = Microsoft = reputation.

Ppl said the same thing when MS launched the XBOX. "Microsoft means computers. not video games..." And now look wherethe XBOX is at... MS SUCCESSFULLY (emphasis intended) made their brand a household name for not only PC, but for video games. And they came into that market WAY late in the game... What makes anyone think that they can't do that in the phone arena?
Ok 2 things...

1) Microsoft is the name of a company..a company can do many things..Windows on the other hand is a product.. imagine M$ came in next day and called Microsoft Office the XBOX and the XBOX Microsoft office..wouldn't you be confused? you dont have to convince me..ask anyone what Windows is..they will tell you its a computer....I mean M$ even makes commercials saying Windows = PC...

2) The reason why M$ got through the market was 2 things, 1) they paid developers money to make the games..aka bribe...that won't work here because Google is already doing the bribing (its actually one of the reasons Google broke through with Android) and also a lot of game publishers were frustrated with Sony and they lost a bunch of exclusives...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)