View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 06:26 PM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Who here refuses to upgrade their phone because of Uptodate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrael201 View Post
my XV6800 is dying as the hardware buttons don't work except the power button and the directional pad and the wheel (is it really hardware issue i don't know as i flashed it and it still doesn't work)...

should i upgrade my phone or look for another WM6.1/WM6.5 phone (as i see people have successfully fixed the IE6 problem)?

Right now i'm just looking on ebay for old models

maybe there's a wm6.1 emulator on android or something...
Emulating WM on android device wouldn't work as it is a licensing thing...right now hardware spec wise the best would be the LG Fathom but it probably will get no support from the community as WM is pretty much dead..the top phone with community is the TP2 which aside from the missing things like infrared and trackball is a decent upgrade from the 6800..but unfortunately does not use the latest 1ghz cpus...

If you want to hold out with WM and not use up your upgrade, a TP2 is fairly cheap on ebay these days

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.