Old 07-06-2010, 09:46 PM
daroga
PPCGeeks Regular

daroga is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Pros and Cons: Droid X & HTC Incredible

Hi guys!

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but considering I'm considering both a Motorola phone and an HTC phone, I thought maybe not posting in either manufacter's specific forum might be helpful.

I'm completely green when it comes to Android. I've used Windows Mobile for a long time (HP PDA -> UTStarcom XV6700 -> Motorola Q -> HTC Imagio), so I'm a little bit unclear as to the pros and cons of different makes and tweaks to the Android OS.

As I'm comparing the Droid X and the Incredible, they seem comparable in almost anyway that I would use the phone. Processor speed, though different make, is the same, assuming the Incredible's update comes with 720p video, the cameras are the same.

It seems as if the principle difference is whether or not the bigger screen of the X is appealing and whether or not you want Sense. I happen to really like TouchFLO on my Imagio, so Sense is appealing, but I'm not sure how different it is from what the X will come with. I'm not certain that most of the stock software on either phone is what I'd be using a lot of, and I'd be pulling things in from the Marketplace and just downloadable software to tweak things out.

Is there a big difference I'm missing in one phone or the other? Or is it pretty much just bigger screen size vs. Sense? I'm not looking for a giant debate, just curious if some folks who know more about this could point out pros and cons of each phone, to the extent that they're known at this point with one phone not even being released yet.

Or perhaps pros and cons is the wrong way to put it. Maybe just differences either in software or (presumed) performance would be most helpful.

Thanks a bunch!