View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 11:48 PM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Samsung Galaxy S will receive official Froyo(2.2) upgrade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppcgpirate View Post
especially for android devices though that could be a HTC battery optimization thing.

Another thing to consider is how will 2ghz be put to use? as i see it, and i'm no industry expert or visionary, no software will available this year or even next that will use 2ghz for a purposeful means that a 1ghz processor can't (maybe 1080p video but on a 4" screen what's the point?). smartphones don't really need 2ghz right now and they haven't evolved enough to need it next year either. the only reason we'll get it is the companies trying to one up or keeping up with each other. what they should be trying to do instead is improve user experience, I'm not an apple fan, but even i can admit the user experience on the iphone for the most part is pretty smooth or polished compared to android. maybe 3.0 will bring the polish.
The Galaxy S can actually play 1080p with no hiccup..as I stated in another thread we are more limited by ram size/speed, rom size/speed, GPU and proper use of GPU then CPU for the current tasks....

Its gotten to a point where we need to see benchmarks and real life usage rather then numbers...

here is an example:

Notice how the celeron M 900mhz chip processes 20% faster then a 1.6ghz chip? and how the Pentium M 1.73ghz is 30% faster then a Pentium 4 2.4ghz?

Thats cause Atom is made for energy saving and maybe superpi is not the best test for this kind of chip..but you gotta realize all ghz is the clock speed..while it does contribute there are many factors like cache, proper GPU acceleration and many more that take effect...so far the Galaxy S can take anything you throw at it and efficiently too..so sure you can get a 2ghz chip and never use it to its max ability while using up more energy...I mean we are already in EVO forums talking about underclocking it to gain more battery life...here we have a phone that does 2x better on energy saving while offering 2x performance..seems like a win to me no?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

Last edited by gTen; 07-05-2010 at 11:50 PM.