View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 11:26 PM
ppcgpirate
PPCGeeks Regular

ppcgpirate is keeping up the good workppcgpirate is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Samsung Galaxy S will receive official Froyo(2.2) upgrade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sapient View Post
I don't know. There is always something better just over the horizon. It is a fast moving industry. I also wonder wonder how current batteries would handle a 2 ghz processor. Batteries are already becoming the weak link of modern phones.
especially for android devices though that could be a HTC battery optimization thing.

Another thing to consider is how will 2ghz be put to use? as i see it, and i'm no industry expert or visionary, no software will available this year or even next that will use 2ghz for a purposeful means that a 1ghz processor can't (maybe 1080p video but on a 4" screen what's the point?). smartphones don't really need 2ghz right now and they haven't evolved enough to need it next year either. the only reason we'll get it is the companies trying to one up or keeping up with each other. what they should be trying to do instead is improve user experience, I'm not an apple fan, but even i can admit the user experience on the iphone for the most part is pretty smooth or polished compared to android. maybe 3.0 will bring the polish.

Last edited by ppcgpirate; 07-05-2010 at 11:30 PM.