View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 10:09 PM
mabbott
N00b

mabbott is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to mabbott Send a message via AIM to mabbott Send a message via MSN to mabbott Send a message via Yahoo to mabbott Send a message via Skype™ to mabbott
Re: |CDMA Rhodium|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Jun 26| 21907|23569 | MaxSense / Sense 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenlewisesq View Post
I gave the various battery life extension hacks a try but my battery life is still very poor. I am running the June 27 version of Cookie 23569 and my battery seems to last less than half a day with only moderate usage.

I usually run the Cookie 21907 variant of the Energy ROM and am used to getting well over a day of use from a single charge - I guess I will have to switch back to the 21907 branch.
I find that even with all the battery add-ons installed, although my battery life on this ROM is substantially better than without them installed, I still need to do two things: Disable direct push (it shouldn't be enabled by default anyway -- 75 out of 10 people don't and won't (ever) use it) so it doesn't CONTINUALLY try to force a data connection and hog up RAM, and; 2) Configure the "Data controller" (found under Start -> Internet) and set it to disconnect after 30 seconds of no use.

This is the ONLY way *I* can get 3 or 4 days of use out of the phone, off the stock battery, without having to recharge 72 times a day.

I don't spend a lot of time talking, and only use the data connection when necessary (Facebook, VNC, Remote Desktop or OpenVPN). I normally charge the phone up on day 3 when the battery is ~18% left

Try configuring up your data connector to drop after 30 seconds (and disable that useless direct push, too!), then do a full charge and see how your phone handles.

Last edited by mabbott; 06-30-2010 at 10:35 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.