View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 03:30 PM
brent372
Regular 'Geeker

brent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Coming Soon - Sense 2.5 Icon Pack - BETA available

I have been gone from the seen for a while after the Sense2.5 screenshot leak that eventually cost me my job at Big Red.

No worries though. I am back now with a TP2 in hand and VZW's MR2 installed.

I have been hard at work on all sorts of Manila icon replacements for Sense 2.5 and should be updating my website (tp2.bfgreenberg.com) soon with all the goodies.

Until I release the CABs, just sit tight and I will let everybody know when they can go grab the fruits of my late night graphics editing!

UPDATE

I have reworked many of the icons.
I have a CAB available for some testing as there are just too many icons for me to find every error (over 350 icon replacements so far)

Some things to know if you decide to test:
  • I have seen the "black screen of death" after the 1st reboot after installing. If you get this, just DO NOT hit the VOL UP button. Any other button will allow the phone to boot normally.
  • The file is HUGE. Over 1 MB so it takes a while to install.
  • I have verified that it does UNinstall cleanly.
  • Please email me any problems you find to iconpack@bfgreenberg.com and please include screenshots.
    • When emailing me please do the following:
      • Put ICONPACK in the subject line
      • Tell me your PPCG username in the body of the email
  • Please make sure to reboot after installing or un-installing (not just restart Sense) ... this is because there are other graphic files (BMP, PNG) in additional to manila files.
  • This is FAR FROM COMPLETE. Still email me if you see something that doesn't look right. I will reply if it is indeed a bug or just something that I haven't gotten to yet.
Included in this:
  • World Clock Slider

• All Contacts Slider

• Individual Contact Slider

• Photo Albums Slider

• Music Library Slider

• Other contacts icons
  • Settings icons (can be seen on my website)
  • Notifications icons (can be seen on my website)
  • Other icons here and there scattered throught the UI.
Update - July 28, 2010
  • Minor Bug Fixes
  • Call Log Icons

Update - August 2, 2010
  • Minor bug fixes
  • More icons added
  • I have noticed that this no longer un-installs cleanly. I am working on that but cannot guarantee a resolution.
This will probably be the last BETA before the final release.
I have received very little feedback which tells me that either nobody gives a crap or that it works really well.
I HAVE NO IDEA HOW THIS WILL INTERACT WITH CHT - USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

NOR WILL IT LOOK GOOD WITH A TRANSPARENT SLIDER / BOTTOM CURTAIN (for now - options for this will be included in the final release).

THIS IS FOR UNCOMPRESSED MANILA ONLY (again - for now)

PLEASE!!!!
No requests for different icons if you just dont like the ones I have used.

This and all BETAs to follow can be found here:
http://tp2.bfgreenberg.com/BETA/

Last edited by brent372; 08-02-2010 at 08:09 PM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.