View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 03:02 PM
O.a.T.
VIP Member

O.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
CLOSED, Lt. Sense 2.5.[2012|2016|2018], WM6.[5|5.x], MaxSense, Titanium

Just checking to see how much interest there would be in a very, very light, MaxSense ROM. Currently it's based on 23541, but 21895 and 23557 are possible. My small, private local user group has been using it now for about 10 days, and most really like it.

Maybe a few more words on my "ROM Philosophy", so everyone knows what they are buying into if I do post this ROM.

First, in regards to SYS's, I use to try the latest versions, but most times could see very little difference in capabilities or performance. Seems, if anything, I would see bugs in the SYS's. So I've found a SYS that works and I've stuck with it.

In regards to SENSE, very similar to the above, with the exception that at this point I am aware and following the state of and developments of 2015, 2016, etc. It's likely that I will be moving to those sometime in the future when I am convinced they offer something substantially better than 2012, are very robust themselves, and integrate well with Sense additions like Co0kie, MaxSense, GTX, etc.

In regards to "light", I cook very few apps into my ROMS for two simple reasons. It makes it easier to keep up with the latest versions of those apps without reflashing and more than likely they can be installed in internal memory thus freeing up working memory. In fact, I haven't flashed a new ROM in months! Personally, I create a complete backup of my rom and all my installed apps that do not modify Sense, after I've installed and set them up, and after a thorough cleaning/optimization of the registry. Then it makes it easy to start from there with sense mods. I've never had a problem upgrading sense mods, for e.g., Co0kie or MaxSense, to their latest versions.

The latter will have to change a bit as Maxycy, the creator of MaxSense, is currently not allowing the posting of cabs. I will probably weigh carefully the severity of any MaxSense bugs reported along with an evaluation of the corrections/extensions the updated versions offer before releasing a new ROM.

Finally, I do no "artistic mods", like skinning, etc., because I have no artistic capability and enough others do and post that I can generally find something, like transparency, if I look.

Please consider the above and LMK if you really are interested under these conditions. Thanks.

All Version 1.0 Downloads here
Version 2.0 2016 & MaxSense Downloads here
Version 3.0 2016 Downloads here.
Alternative Downloads for Version 2.0 & 3.0 here.
Version 4.0 2018 Downloads here

Last edited by O.a.T.; 08-20-2011 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Title Change
This post has been thanked 27 times.