View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 12:01 AM
bradart
Officer Android

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart
Re: Beware of what you browse on your Incredible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost My Mind View Post
Careful with that. After reading this, I did just that. I then put my phone down, and didn't use it for another hour or so. Then when I did use it, the phone wouldn't see the 16GB (bought at a verizon store) SD card, even though it was inside.

I took out the card, and reinserted, no difference. I restarted the phone. No difference. I took the card out, then turned the phone off. Put the card back in, and turned the phone on. Card was read, and has been working ever since.

I can't say that deleting that folder DID cause it, but it is kinda strange that it all started right after I did that. It never happened before that, and hasn't happened since.

This happened 2 hours after the post was made about deleting those cache pics (thats when I read it).
I will warn you that android is still very young and there are some bizarre-ass bugs. Just because you make a cause doesn't mean everything that happens is an effect.

Sometimes on my hero, my notification bar will literally vanish. I can still hit menu on the home screen and see my notifications, but the bar doesn't come back until after a restart. Sometimes my card will just stop being readable (which corrupts every running app and requires a reinstall of all of them because i use apps2sd), but there are never the same conditions leading up to it. I recommend deleting that cache again. I can almost guarantee you won't have that issue the next time you delete it.

Sponsored by Kools.