Lurker

Tidder is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Tidder Send a message via Skype™ to Tidder
Re: Motorola Droid on Alltel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuaced View Post
Don't know if you were having the same issue I had, 3g came on and off and 1x came on and off, but when 3g came it won't ping and eventually disconnects me. I had to dial *#*#info#*#* and go to phone info, and just use cdma only, 1x works constantly and without interruptions. 3g still seems to be the issue. To even get that to work I had to change the autostart.sh from whiterabbit initial IP addresses to an IP i found online from 2003. I really think the issue lies with finding a functional IP and Port for alltel to accept.

Did you check what ip and port the hero was trying to connect for its 3g(ev)?
Yeah, that sounds like the same issue we were having, and forcing 1x seemed to do ok.

However, I believe I've found the answer, we're just going to test for a couple of days and make sure. The 3g icon is staying now though.

I've got screenshots of the process which I will throw up on my blog and then drop a link here... if it ends up being the real deal. It's looking good...

EDIT: I did nothing with the internal workings of the android software, all my changes were done with either CDMA tools or QPST. I'm going to google around for this autostart.sh you're talking about... I want to say we tried something like that early on but gave up on it very quickly. Also, MMS was not a concern of ours, so it has not been tested.

If I have helped you with any post, please thank me!

Last edited by Tidder; 06-29-2010 at 12:22 AM.