Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

birddseedd is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: one row start/app menu? seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
Go ahead and get your iPhone, enjoy the signal reception, the jaundiced display, the dropped calls, the locked down ... everything (need I go on?). You wanna complain about a Start Menu layout when the whole point of WP7 is to pin the stuff you want up close to your home screen or integrate with hubs, that's your choice... besides, you haven't even used it yet outside an emulated demo, so you have no accurate perception to base your rant on.

As for copy/paste, have you even seen the interviews about it? The demos of how they've purposely made it an irrelevant feature even though they're committed to making it an intuitive process for a follow-up update?

Personally, I think you're just over here trolling. Controversy and disdain for WP7? Yeah, from the usual Microsoft haters, but just remember...

http://gizmodo.com/5573995/microsoft...uite-ginormous
Im not by any means a "microsoft hater". in fact its quite the oposite. untill recently (and even further since i wont use gsm or att) i would have never even concidered an iphone, and probably still wouldent as the main webite i use cannot be viewed in mobile mode with safari.

but there are certain things that i must have in a pda. and one of those things is copy and paste. and their design of porting certain types of text to an application will not cut it. reconizing phone numbers is great, copying links could be usefull. problem is that every day i have to copy tracking numbers from multiple pages in a website to a notepad. if they remove copy and paste (or rebuild it in a way that you cannot copy any text from any app like they are planning) then i have to type up to hundreds of characters every morning.

i also require multitasking, i use a website, gps, notes and an excell sheet at the same time. if i cannot do this ill have to each thing individually and it will add so much time to my day it would be easier to just buy a dedicated gps, basic phone and wirte every thing down on a peice of paper and do it all on a desktop when i get home.

multitasking and copy paste are things that are required on a pda in the business world. thus the reason most business use devices like thouch pro in the example of the company i work for (didnt provide one for me so i bought a pro 2)

now as far as, the iphone goes, the new one is pretty nice. multitasking (apps can actually be made to close after they get done doign what they need to do, others run full time), the copy paste is real easy and efficient. the screen has a higher resolution than the human eye can even see. dropped calls has nothing to do with the phone, it depends on the network in the area. as far as it being locked down, you caint customize it quite as much as i think you should but not much can be done about that.

so either way ill just be sticking with my tp2 and custom rom. at least untill wp7 gets a few updates and the needed features are added.