View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 11:55 AM
wandererxman
Lurker

wandererxman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Motorola Droid on Cricket??

I moved my HTC Touch over to Metropcs which is bascially the same things as Cricket over a year ago and I have everything working on it, people just over complicate it. I brought my phone into a metro store and they charged me $40 to add it to the metro network[You have to do this with someone who can add you into the network so that they know it is a good phone and not stlen in anyway](I think it is $10 now, and I had to show the guy in the store how to flash it what a service) You have to unlock it first which involves getspc.exe which you put on your phone and it aks for the ESN off theback of your phone and spits out the code[Props to whoever cracked the code BTW] to access the engineering menus under ##778# and ##3424# to place it into device/programming mode fo r the Qualcomm program at least on my phone, it is different for every model of phone and you have to then load QPST[just search for qpst download and it comes up on yahoo] on your computer and change the code from whatever you got to 000000[which is basically the code for a fully unlocked phone]. You have to go to the configuration manager first and add the phone USB port, I had to uncheck the check box for it to show up, jut keep adding ports till it appears. Once it is unlocked it should flash, and sometimes it takes multiple tries[at least it did when I was showing the guy at the metro store how]. Then you can go on to configuring the internet and MMS which is a whole other thing and is specific in my case to Sprint so probably wont help, and I normally have to change some Registry settings that I never note what I changed.