View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 04:35 PM
lipidfats
VIP Member

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
EVO 4G beats iPhone 4 in browser speedtest & more

I thought this video of EVO 4G vs iPhone 4 was interesting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULv-0xcciFE

The iPhone 3GS has had a pretty fast browser, it's always compared to every new phone that comes out, especially in browser speed tests. Because of this, I expected the iPhone 4 to have an even faster browser experience. The interesting thing here is jon rettinger (awesome phone reviewer and admitted iPhone user) finds that the EVO is FASTER than the iPhone 4. He starts doing speed tests at around 5:25. EVO wins when loading technobuffalo and a youtube channel. He tests both wifi and sprint/att networks. It's also shown that the EVO is generally faster overall.

Anyone surprised the iPhone was not a bit faster? Love my EVO!

The iPhone 4g clearly has a better looking screen tho. You just can't compare amoled, superamoled, or retina display to an LCD as far as colors and clarity go. I wish he would've put the same background on the EVO that he had on the iPhone4.

The conclusion of this comparison is that the EVO is victorious. I think that speaks volumes coming from a guy who uses apple and iPhone products all day long.

Last edited by lipidfats; 06-25-2010 at 04:37 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.