View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 11:22 AM
Mojary
PPCG's Travelling Nomad

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Windows Embedded Compact 7 officially announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by lutherdclooney View Post
The biggest benefit of this upgrade will be the easier access for playing movies on pocket devices due to it comes with a lot more codecs built-in which wil make it a lot easier to play any content without worrying about that the codecs won't support the movie and one need to have to download an upgrade. I saw that myself when I proted my collection of Carol Burnett DVD's into my pocket PC and it wouldn't play it at all until I gound a codec upgrade that supported the AVI format I had used.
That being said then C7 will probably require faster CPU's and more RAM in order to run well so lets hope that Intel is able to make more powerful CPU's which requires less power so devices will run cooler and longer as well.
On my current netbook with N270 Atom CPU then I can run Windows C7 pretty well even with 1 GB when not having too many programs open and it does have better GUI than previous windows versions so looking forward to it.
mind sharing where you got the codec upgrade for avi's to play on your windows media mobile for your ppc?

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!