View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 11:33 PM
NIKKG
Regular 'Geeker

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Got my iphone 4!

I got my iphone 4 today after waiting over a week since my preorder. I must say, this thing is fantastic, much better than my old TP2 and even better than the Nexus One I had. The screen is amazing, you can literally read the whole web page while its still zoomed out, I couldn’t do that on my Nexus One and usually I had to zoom in because my N1 wasn’t as clear. Seriously, the screen on this thing is like looking through a window or reading a magazine, I’ve never seen anything so clear before.

The speed is also amazing, programs and web pages load almost instantly. By far the fastest web browsing I ever experienced on a phone. So far I’ve had no dropped calls and excellent reception and I haven’t experienced any of the problems some people were mentioning.

I did some upload/download tests using speedtest.net. My downloads average on ATT 3G range from 1800-3100k and my uploads from 800-1900k! When I had my Sprint TP2, the downloads averaged around 600-1100k and uploads 130-250k if my memory serves me right.
On my old 3GS, my downloads averaged 600-1600k and uploads a measily 50-140k. I don’t know why my uploads are so much faster on the iphone 4, but I’ve run multiple tests in different cities while I was out with my GF and they all were much much better than the 3GS. Sometimes the uploads are even faster than the downloads, very surprising.

Also, the camera is very clear and fast, in fact, this can replace many simple point and shoot cameras. The design and feel of the phone is all quality. Very solid piece of equipment, even my GF who isn’t at all into phones liked my iphone. Anyways, if anyone is wondering if its worth the upgrade, I say hell ya if you can afford it.