View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 03:18 PM
zim2323
Regular 'Geeker

zim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: PPCGEEKS should expand iPhone coverage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzz View Post
I have had no problems with any of my HTC phones but I am still moving to the iphone.
I'm sure there have been as many people with no issues as there have been with issues. I may very well be a minority. I just know how many I've been through. All of the problems I had were build quality issues, screen seperating from phone, or keyboard buttons stop working, etc. I never put phone in pocket (always in protective case on belt, with screen protector), and the QWERTY keyboard is hidden under phone. I only do 200-300 txt's per month, so I in no way every abused the phone. I don't know why some, like me, kept getting devices that failed (refurb replacements???), but I know I did. The point is, it shouldn't have happened like that at all.

I'm sure that from the iPhone side there are people that have the same complaints. So I'm not saying Apple is going to be any better. Let's face it, any time a company is forced to mass produce to keep up with demand, (aka Packard B(H)ell, Gateway, HTC, etc.) there has always been a downturn in quality resulting in a mass exodus. Personally, I hope there are enough fan boys that refuse to have anything to do with Apple/iPhone that it keeps the demand to a minimum (as much as possible) and quality to a maximum.

For now, I'll enjoy the "peace" that I've had with the iPhone, and not having to worry about the relenting badgering from my wife, "Are you on your phone AGAIN? You have to get ANOTHER phone? Why? What do you mean it broke, AGAIN?" Seriously, since I got my iPhone 2 weeks ago, not a single complaint. I use to hear it daily because of all the crap I had to go through from the hardware and moreso from the software side to keep the HTC WinMo phones working.

*crossing fingers*