View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 03:00 PM
zim2323
Regular 'Geeker

zim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: PPCGEEKS should expand iPhone coverage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKG View Post
I agree with what you said. The difference is the iphone uses high quality components while HTC uses the cheapest junk they can find. Every HTC phone I've had always falls (4 total) apart after a few months but iphone can go for years.
I couldn't agree more. In the last year, I have had 4 different carriers and NO LESS then 10 different phones.

- Last year at this time, Verizon, 4 Touch Pro's for screen failure, and 3 Touch Pro 2's for keyboard and component failure.
- As of the 3rd TP2 failure, I left them for Sprint in October and got a TP2 there as well. Within the first month, I replaced that with another because of keyboard failure.
- In March of this year, left Sprint and joined T-Mobile for the HD2. From the start had problems with Internet cutting off. While voice was awesome, data failed to work at all.
- As of June 3rd, I signed up with AT&T (discount through work) and purchased an iPhone 3GS with the upgrade to iPhone 4.

Obviously, anything can happen, but that's just it, like you said, HTC has HORRIBLE build quality. I went through 10 HTC devices inside of a year. Absolutely ridiculous. I always had to worry about what wasn't going to work.

On a positive note, I have not paid for a single ETF or phone out of pocket except for the first Touch Pro. All of the Verizon phones after were free replacements. I sold the last Verizon TP2 (conned a free upgrade, giving me 2) and made enough profit to pay for the Sprint TP2 (and then some), and the second was free replacement. HD2 ended up being free when T-Mobile determined that after 2 months they could not provide me with adequate service and promptly refunded my entire 2 months usage fees and the cost of the phone and all accessories. With what I was refunded from T-Mobile for montly fees and accessories, that paid for the iPhone. No ETF's were paid because I claimed inadequate cell coverage. I work for a company that has offices with bad service in each location from at least one of each of the major carriers. Ends up being an easy out. If they can't provide you service, it's a freebie to leave.

Bottom line, I have had an absolutely horrible experience with HTC phones. I hope I never have to use them again.