View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 01:29 PM
sonysw
PPCGeeks Regular

sonysw is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SPRINT TP2 with Sero over EVO (personal experience)

I would like to share this with all of you who curious of the experience of Evo over TP2. I have tried both for 2 weeks and honestly I still like my TP2 with mighty rom over Evo. Here are why:
- Evo is big and heavy. The android os is nice but the phone is just too big and heavy for the most functions that I need to use. Not mentioning there is no keyboard. It is hard for me to text in evo--probably I have to get use to with it but still nothing better than real keyboard.
- I also find the mighty rom (MR) is very stable over sprint 6.5 OEM rom. I have never encountered any problem after flashing it to MR. Thanks for all you guys here.
- The display for web browsing is very nice in evo but I can do almost the same with skyfire.
- The battery is the main problem. It barely last for one day. If you have to stay late until 7PM-- you need to recharge the phone or have a spare battery. If you browse alot during the day, it won't last until 5 PM.
- The saving of $40 a month with sero is hard to beat. This will translate to $960 for 2 years...quit a big saving to me.
- 4G is not available in my area until next year so why waste money ?
- EVO is not worldphone so if you travel to europe or asia ??? I prefer the TP2.

So I decided to keep my TP2 and hope for a better device in the horizon. You probably disagree but this is what I felt. Feel free to chime in.....thanks.
This post has been thanked 4 times.