View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 01:31 PM
orangekid
Awesomenss :)

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: PPCGEEKS should expand iPhone coverage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKG View Post
You should give Apple's iOS (15% marketshare) and Blackberry (19%) its own heading like the Android and Windows instead of lumping them as "other" I mean come on, those 2 combined are like half the smart phone market alone, I wouldn't classify them as being "other." WinMo is 7% and dropping like a brick, that's what I call "other". You guys gotta get with the times!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smartphone
the difference is that iOS only applies to ONE phone on ONE network, whereas WM and Android apply to TONS of phones.

RIM's OS is not very complicated and does not have much of a dev community. It's more the lack of demand right now for iOS. This site was founded on WM and as you can see WM and Android take the cake (more Android lately).

For every post in here there's like 100 in the Evo forums.

iOS will grow but with android you can flash custom ROMs and develop so much more on an open source platform than iOS.