View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 05:12 PM
Carla
Knowledge Is True Opinion

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla
Re: Considering a Moment for the kiddies...

From my experience, the screen on the Moment is much more vibrant than the Hero. I did miss the screen at first, but not for long. I don't have big hands or fingers, so texting on the Hero is nothing for me. I text a lot, not 12,000 a month but I send my fair share. I had my phone rooted obviously, and I ran Fresh Rom (I don't remember which one, it was a 2.1 ROM) and I honestly didn't flash it to much once I got on that ROM. I never had to reset either which was very nice. Real world the moment did NOT feel faster at all compared to the Hero. The camera on the Moment is superior, I don't think there is much debate on that. Even though the Hero is 5mp it never felt like it to me. Like you said, they both have pluses and minuses. For me a Hard Keyboard isn't a big deal because I am great on a virtual KB, and having used an Instinct the Keyboards are better on both devices (Virtual wise) and you can change the KB to let them use Swype or BetterKeyboard (or any number of other choices). It is all up to them to make it their own ya know. Are you going to be buying outright or renewing? I know the prices are really good on both right now, so at least that is a positive. If they are mainly going to be texting, playing the occasional game and a bit of web browsing you really can't go wrong with either.

You're welcome for the response BTW.