View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 04:19 PM
TheHoard
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

TheHoard is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Considering a Moment for the kiddies...

I know this probably isn't the best place to get an unbiased opinion on the Moment, like in the Evo forum we defend it to the bitter end, but I trust most members here to be honest. I'm just really tied between the Moment and the Hero now. I went to the Sprint store and played with both of them and it made my decision even harder. They both have their pluses and minuses.

I guess the Moment has an AMOLED screen right? I compared the two side by side and the Hero screen actually looks better to me, more crisp and vibrant. I also really like HTC Sense as opposed to the "vanilla" Moment interface. I like the fact that the Moment has a flash for the camera, and like I said before, the keyboard is a huge plus for the kids because they text A LOT. I'm talking like around 12,000 monthly for the oldest. Then again that could be a drawback because maybe they would wear out the keyboard long before the phone. The Moment has a faster CPU, but in terms of real world performance does it make that much of a difference?

Thinking about what matters most to a teenager (texting, camera, games, youtube, etc) overall the Moment just seems like a better fit. They could probably care less about HTC Sense, even though I love it. I would just take them to the Sprint store and let them try them both out but I want it to be a surprise. Dare I ask for anyone else's opinion of the Hero in the Samsung forum? (BTW thanks for your input Carla, and your bravery.)
This post has been thanked 1 times.