View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 11:04 PM
GaryMcQ
PPCGeeks Regular

GaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 06/14/10 Plutonium_Co0kie is up! **VINdows Phone**

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodcpierce View Post
ive got a question, sort of unrelated. Is there any way to totally rid the HTC messaging client, now that im using SMS chat? Or does SMS Chat need the HTC client to work? If not, ide like to totally rid it, and I think it would speed up the rom even more.
If you are using a ROM that has not had HTC messaging removed already, the only way I've found is to use the Zenyee HTC Disable cab. However, the only negative I've found in using it is that it adds quite a bit of time to the soft reset process - maybe an extra minute or two. This is why I nearly always insist on using a ROM which has it stripped from the ROM itself (or possibly has Zenyee cooked in, I don't know). I'm sure that by now, you have seen that SMS-Chat will not send as long as HTC messaging is enabled.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Zenyee Disable HTC Messaging 1.2.CAB (21.7 KB, 8 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 3 times.