View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 08:30 PM
eenieMINI
Still a Geek
Threadstarter

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Peer to peer help!

Oh Geeze you two! I was all excited seeing I had two replies. I thought Yay! The calvary has arrived... yeah.. no.

OK here is the status... I had my son come over with his iPod. He doesn't have room for 10pin shuffle and didn't want to buy it, cheapskate! So we tried a free karate app, using home wifi his iPod and my iPad connected no problem, using BT no problem. (btw you don't have to "pair" the products just have BT on on both.)

So, this Saturday when I have 2 iPads back together again, I'm going to try again. But I'd still like some help if it comes to it.
Possible reasons for our failure:
1. It is the actual game that has the problem. So we'll try the Karate game that did work here at home with the iPod/iPad.
2. Might not work on "local/public" wifi IE: Panera/Starbucks/no password needed connections? So, well I have no solution until 4th of July when we can try it on personal wifi. But why would it matter what wifi we were using so long as we were both connected to the same? Do public hotspots present the issue? If so why wouldn't BT work?
3. BT, we tried to pair adn gave up... or did we try it w/o pairing? I can't remember so we'll try that again. I also read you have to turn off wifi then do game play over BT.

The easiest answer. COURTNEY!!!! Get you and Mike on your iPads and try out 10 pin shuffle v1.4 over wifi and/or BT and tell me if it works peer to peer!!

BrennB