View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 02:47 PM
Thursday
PPCGeeks Regular

Thursday is keeping up the good workThursday is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Internet Speed via. EVDO SLOW on touch pro!!!!

Check your signal strength. I can literally go from one spot in my apartment getting 20kb/s and move 10ft in any direction and get +/- 10kb/s. It's all about signal strength.

If you can give us more info like what are you doing for your speed test?(are you going straight to a site from your phone. Or are you hooked up through usb running internet sharing and doing a test on your computer browser)

Also go into your dialer and type in ##33284# and that will bring up "fieldtrial" if your dialer doesn't except codes then go into your windows directory with a file explorer and find fieldtrail.exe or fieldtest.exe forgot which one it's called, although I believe it's fieldtrial. This will give you the most accurate information as to your signal strength (the bars are a very bad representation imho).

Below is a brief overview on the readings, for EVDO speed I believe your going to want to go and select HDR from the left softkey menu. Also change your sample rate to 1. The link below will take you to a thread explaining pretty much anything you would need to know. I know it's not exactly what your asking for, but if you can get a signal strength to go with your speedtest numbers it might make things a bit more clear as to what is going on and why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strra View Post

Q: How can I view my signal levels?
A: - ##33284# is the DEBUG menu. If you are prompted for a password,
enter 183729
. Under here you should look at the following 3 sections
(the closer to 0 you are, the better):
Rx Power
Rx Ec/Io
Rx FER
Here is a link to the radio thread which has more information, hopefully it will be helpful to you.

Last edited by Thursday; 06-13-2010 at 02:51 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.