View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 08:18 PM
mlin
Just call me Dr. Doctor

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: iPhone HD/4G coming to Sprint!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
there were also rumors that they hired the same chinese company to make 2 million cdma devices and were already working on them. putting a cdma radio into something isn't that hard.

I doubt we'll see a cdma version soon though, they would have said something at wwdc
Now this is all speculation, but check this out: So, AT&T is letting customers upgrade their accounts to the new iPhone an unheard of 6 months early. Now, what if AT&T -knowing that their contract is up- asked Apple to delay the CDMA announcement until after the GSM version launches. This coupled with AT&T's early upgrades would allow them to rope in as many customers as possible into 2 year contracts right before Apple announces that there will in fact be a CDMA version; an announcement that would likely prevent many customers from resigning contracts with AT&T. I have three friends that are with AT&T that stated if the iPhone was coming to Verizon that they would switch right away because they were sick of the poor coverage.

Just a thought...
This post has been thanked 1 times.