View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 11:44 AM
toddpedersen
Regular 'Geeker

toddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC EVO Battery Drain Signal Fix

EDIT: Only take the time with this if you are experiencing crap for battery life, as it seems that many people already have their preferred network set to CDMA auto (PRL) Seems there a select set of phones that came with GSM set as the preferred network, so don't be surprised if yours is not.

This seems to only be a problem with some of the initial EVO's that shipped, and it was possibly fixed by Sprint OTA, but I cannot confirm that.

Download a marketplace app called Network.

Look to see what your preferred network type is. If it is CDMA auto (PRL) hit the home key and uninstall the app, as it not needed anymore.

I found that on my phone, my Preferred Newwork was set to GSM auto (PRL) so the phone was looking for GSM first, which completely drained my battery in less than 4 to 6 hours.

If you find it set wrong, ONLY change that Preferred Network setting to CDMA auto (PRL) and hit the home key to exit. Don't mess with anything else.

I suggest a reboot, then run the network program again to verify that the setting took.

You should then be able to uninstall the program. Even after a hardreset I did, the setting stayed, so that is why I am thinking Sprint did something OTA, but am not sure.

Sidebar:

My personal opinion, stayaway form Task Killers! They should not be needed with this phone. If you have installed a program that was not made well, and does not close properly etc., that is one exception to having a Task Manager to manually kill things, but I urge everyone to NOT do any autokill configuration if you want to be a happy EVO user.

Hitting Thanks (to the right) helps build reputation. Hit it, if I did it!

Last edited by toddpedersen; 06-14-2010 at 11:49 AM.
This post has been thanked 12 times.