View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 04:16 PM
chris1683
VIP Member
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [GUIDE] Keep High Resolution Photos For Caller ID

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuLLKiLL View Post
Chris,
If you first sync your contacts with google (so then the voice dial works) then uncheck the sync contacts with gmail you will still have voice dial.

Of course you would need to re sync with google when you added a new contact but then you can uncheck after adding in the new contact. But then when you did the sync google would kill the previous pictures.

Anyways that's another kinda work around. I just tested and I do have voice dial by holding down search with my contacts.

BTW: Coming off of my old Touch Pro I freaking love this thing!! I've only had to do like a dozen mods to it opposed to a few hundred! )
Very true that you can sync and then disable sync and still have vioice calling straight from the quick search softkey however the first time you sync all of your hard work will be gone and google will resize all of your pictures. The way I have it is so that when I want to add a new contact, I will add them to "Google" and add all of the info there just no photo, then make an identically named contact in "Phone" and add a photo only and then link them. This way you can still sync any informaiton on-the-go and it will be reflected within GMail.