View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 11:24 PM
FastRX8
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up Auto Recovery Mode available - No PC needed.

I added this to my tutorial, but I really think it needs to be brought to everyone's attention in a separate thread. If the mods disagree, I'm sorry and feel free to close this.

***Requirements***
Rooted phone (not unrevoked)
Custom Rom already running that shows the "Superuser Permissions" Icon

Here's the basic instructions -

****AUTO RECOVERY METHOD**** Thanks to ClockworkMod @ XDA

There is now a way to do the recovery from the phone and load roms w/o the pc.
BTW - Using the unrevoked method does not count for rooting.
This only works for people who are rooted and have a custom rom that shows the "Superuser Permissions" icon.

1) Go to the Market and download/install "Rom Manager" by ClockworkMod
There is a free one and a donation one.

2) Open the app and select "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery"

3) Confirm your phone is an HTC EVO

After it installs, you can you can
- Install ROM from SD Card (if you have a rom loaded on your sdcard)
- Download ROM (There's some roms that work w/ the free version, and some you need the pay version of ROM manager)
- Manage and Restore Backups
- Partition SD Card

That's pretty much it. The program does everything for you. If you have any issues, then it's most likely because you didn't have a custom rom w/ the "Superuser Permissions" Icon showing. I've flashed about 20x's using this method and that's the only thing that ever causes an issue.

Last edited by FastRX8; 06-13-2010 at 04:12 PM.
This post has been thanked 10 times.