View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 02:28 PM
stevedusa
Halfway to VIP Status

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint's EVO Battery Tips

Let me share my experience with the battery situation.

I used the ES Task Manager instead of the ATK. Reason why is ES Task Manager shows MORE apps/services running than ATK. You can also select the ones you want to ignore.

I didn't ignore any services running in the background as the manager reported and I just manually kill them all without auto kills.

Before I was using ATK but my battery situation didn't improve much. ES Task Manager on the other hand did a significant improvement since it kills not only apps but services as well.

Now when I turn it to sleep it REALLY sleeps. Under battery info the awake time is way shorter than the standby time.

All the radios are off except the cell and GPS, my SCI is set to 1 instead of 2, screen brightness is on auto. The phone uses about 10% of it's juice evey 3-4 hours on standby.

On an average day of use with few phone calls, random data usage (internet/twitter/emails/weather update) by the time I go to bed it still has at LEAST half of the charge.

One thing I did notice is that even if you killed all the apps/service, after a while they just all came back, even the unrelated ones such as Sprint TV. I am not sure if they come back automatically even when you don't need them but ES Task Manager was able to kill more than ATK in my case.

Just to share my 2 cents.