View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 12:25 PM
santod
"MODS"
Threadstarter

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Important Notes

Section 2: Important notes

About exchange policies:
If you use exchange and have exchange policies applied to your device, this mod might not work for you. It depends on the type of policies which are enforced.
Some will not allow existing files to be replaced, which this mod requires. Others allow it and it will work.
You can try installing it - if it doesn't work it can be completely removed without a problem.
In case it doesn't work, your only option to get it working with your exchange policies is to flash a ROM with the mod cooked in.
About the CHT lockscreen:
The CHT lock screen does not support any PIN code or password protected unlocking.
Remove any unlock codes before turning on the CHT lockscreen or you will be permanently locked out of your device and you'll have to do a hard reset.
If you are using a gsensor app to automatically rotate the screen and you have it to always rotate, you should add the class "CHTLockscreen" to the exception list.
If you don't have the rotation app set rotate everything, but only a list of desired programs, then you don't have anything to worry about.
If you need to lock the CHT lockscreen externally, you can do it with this: "\Windows\CHT_Helper.exe -lock"

CHT lockscreen for WM6.1:
I've prepated an addon cab with an alternative CHT lockscreen for WM6.1 users.
Installing the addon cab will revert the CHT lockscreen to the older lock system used in v1.7.x. The downside of this is that the old lock system carries with it some flaws:
on some devices it might not lock all hardware keys, has a slower lock response on wakeup, on longer calls it might relock before the call is over, gsensor apps that rotate manila will also rotate it, doesn't integrate with the WM6.5 lock system (softkey in start menu, button assigned lock).
Of course, for those who really want to use the CHT lockscreen and don't mind those shortcomings, the ultimate upside is that is does work on WM6.1.
About wallpapers:
-All wallpaper controls are now built into CHT, so there is no need to install any bg4all or hq wall patch. In fact don't install them because they are not compatible.
-3 wallpaper modes are available - take a look at the bottom of this post for a comparison: About v1.8.5

Notes on animated wallpapers:
-I had to remove the animated wallpapers - not the weather wallpapers, but the 3 animated wallpapers with circles and such. The weather wallpaper animations are fully intact.
I know, I know, some of you will miss them, but I'm guessing not that many. It was just one of those things that would be too much work for a minor feature.
About Performance:
For HD2 users: It was made for the HD2 and it should run nice and slick on it. But I do recommend installing Chainfire's HD2/Leo 3D Driver Patch - it's great.
For non-HD2 users: Keep in mind that this was primarily made for the HD2 and it will be slower on other devices. To improve performance you have options to: reduce the animation level and reduce the number of quick links pages.
General tip for more speed (both for HD2 and non-HD2): Disable full screen Weather animations: Tap to add a new Quick Link and add the "Weather Toggle".
It will then appear as a shortcut in your quick links, and can be used to quickly enable/disable weather animations.
About ROM cooking:
Don't cook in the file "ManilaFull.xml". Originally it's a manila cache file that's generated on start up (based on the xml files in \windows\manilaxml\).
This file should never be cooked in because it will prevent changes to manila pages and menus.
The "ManilaFull.xml" in the cab is an empty file. It's only there to make manila regenerate it after install, because I've made changes to the home menu.
So make sure not to cook in that file in any form.

Don't cook in the CHT lockscreen as on by default. If you do that, users won't be able to turn it off!

If you're cooking a WM6.5.x ROM, you should set the reg value of CHTI.WinMo6.5.x to 1. The cab's setup.dll would do that normally.
If you're cooking in a specific configuration all the CHT.* values need to be cooked in an as well as the HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila\CHT values that hold layout information.
Make sure you also cook in CHTI.State.Timeout with the value 45 (decimal) and CHTI.AddonWidgets.Count with 20 (decimal). The rest of the CHTI.* values don't need to be cooked in.

For info on cooking in addon widgets and link, see post 4.

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Last edited by santod; 11-12-2010 at 09:28 PM.
This post has been thanked 27 times.