View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 03:24 AM
makkonen
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

OK. Once I spent a few hours figuring out why RAPH500 wasn't working at all, it wasn't too hard to get the startup.txt up to date, and then to tweak the kernel to see all the (limited) ram available. Luckily it seems that the RAPH500 has exactly the same memory layout as the GSM Diamond, so I didn't have to find any new/different memory addresses -- just had to get it to play nice.

So, if you've got a Verizon Touch Pro (aka RAPH500), grab the file attached here and stick it into the xdandroid package (from here or wherever), replacing the zImage, modules, and startup.txt. I'll be submitting the patch to the maintainer of the linux-msm repository (phh), so in a few days (at most) the autobuild kernels should be RAPH500-friendly. All the other installation tips and traps should be generally the same (the system, rootfs, initrd, etc are all bog-standard xdandroid release, so most of the raph800 advice from this thread should apply). (Not sure if boot looping is going to be an issue, but I wouldn't be surprised.)

Also, I've been running this kernel for 15 minutes, checked that it had network, audio, and base functionality -- and it has already locked up twice (while sleeping, and once on boot). I have no idea what's working, what's stable, etc.; and, since it's got no active phone service (never been a verizon customer, and not planning on starting now), I can't really test that stuff myself. I'll look at it a bit more in the future, but I figured I'd get this out so there can be some more eyes on it. (5 minutes later update: Looks like wifi's busted -- I've got an idea of why, but it'll take some digging to remember how to solve it.)

As always, donations are appreciated, in this case both to myself and to Weapondrift (paypal address: nismo_4@hotmail.com), who sent me his old RAPH500 so I could get Android up and running on it. Seriously awesome of him -- without a device in hand, I would have had no way to figure any of these problems out.

Hey, now that I've got a secondary device... maybe I can play with flashing to NAND. Fun.

Edit: Patch has been pushed to the main repo. So grab the latest kernel from Glemsom instead of the one I posted. (Mine had a broken modules build, so it couldn't get the wifi calibration data installed correctly.) Then just add the raph500-startup.txt from here (rename to startup.txt).
Attached Files
File Type: txt RAPH500-STARTUP.TXT (238 Bytes, 107 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by makkonen; 06-06-2010 at 03:48 PM.
This post has been thanked 7 times.